Monday, November 19, 2012

Hopi tribe journal 2


                                                          June, 16, 1782

         Dear Journal, 

         

    The oddest thing just happened to me! My mother told me 
that my great-great ancestor made a pouch by hand and it 
was passed down from generation to generation. I am the next generation. It is a beautiful work of art, my mother told me that it should be in a Hopi tribe museum. I think she is 
right. It is a pouch with a beautiful long handle that is navy blue. The whole thing is covered in navy blue, and beautiful
multi-colored beads. She gave it to me to pass on to my 
oldest daughter. I am going to use it only for special occasions. I am not going to tell my siblings until they are as 
old as I am. I don't want them to break the pouch so I will hide it in my most secret place. When my siblings were little,
they went around in a flat carriage that is made of skins of
all sorts of animals. You can strap it to your back, or just hold
it in your hands. Tomorrow my father is going hunting, because our family needs another source of food besides crops. I have been eating squash, beans, and corn for the last 3 or so months.           sincerely, Sakioa.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment